Our route ended up being a large square. After parking the car at a municipal rec center we headed east until the street ended, then turned south until that road dumped into a major one. We headed west until turning north on the road that would return us to the car. Most of the route had sidewalks except for the last road, but that had a barely used parking lane that felt safe to walk in. I saw some interesting things along the way.
The first one was a house adorned with giant inflatable octopus tentacles bursting out of the windows.
Not too much farther down the road I saw a sign with an inspirational quote from Pope Francis. I hope a lot of people slow down enough to read and ponder on it.
The next thing was a mail box and pole that was completely covered with tiles. (Out of courtesy, I covered up the address).
Back at the community rec center this giant rabbit statue was sitting outside of the aquatic center. I was hot and tired, or I would have taken the opportunity to get a photo taken peeking out of the hole in the center.
In the afternoon I went outside to pull some weeds in the retaining wall across the street from the condo building, then wandered over to the one-street subdivision that's being built next to ours. Most of the land is green and manicured, but in between the two developments there's a small strip that's a melange of weeds. There I found some coreopsis that escaped someone's garden and made itself at home in nature.
On the way back home I noticed small starter trees planted in front of ones that had been there for decades. Some day a long time from now the area will be lush and shady.
Five years ago: Microwave Woes






No comments:
Post a Comment