Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Virtual Crayons

Some time back I decided I needed an adult coloring book app for my iPad. There were almost a dozen in the App store, so I randomly chose one (appropriately) called Adult Coloring Book to download. I'm sure all the other options are equally fun, but I'm happy with my choice.

Several nights a week I open up the app when I'm zoning out in front of the TV.  There are multiple books to choose from, and also a special Daily Design. The app is easy to use. You pick a color and then tap the shape to fill it in. There's an undo button if you don't like the results.  Another handy option is the ability to zoom in, which makes filling in very small shapes easy.

When the picture is finished you can add a texture or a frame.  There's an option to share your creation via text or email, and a gallery where you can see how other artists have colored their pictures.  The app itself is free, and comes with a set of what they call 'Essential Colors'. You can subscribe to unlimited access to all the books and the color palettes, but I didn't bother.  Every once in a while I'll open up the app and be surprised that they've thrown an additional set of  colors my way.

One of my latest masterpieces
Five years ago today: Hot In Herre

5 comments:

  1. Glad you are enjoying your coloring app. (I'm attempting to post this one more time, I've written a few responses but they never post.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being so diligent with your commenting!

      Delete
  2. I tried the adult coloring, and just can't get into it. But I'm hanging onto it; maybe in retirement. And NICE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to try this app. I like to color people. I've have several "real" adult color books and I like the iPad versions much better because I can zoom in on the details. Otherwise the the coloring books I need reading glasses.

    ReplyDelete