Friday, September 18, 2026

Crying Uncle!

I know that the St. Louis metropolitan area isn't the only one in the country caught underneath a heat dome. That doesn't make the hot weather we're experiencing any more pleasant.

Free SVG
According to Extreme Weather Watch, based on National Weather Service data the average high temperatures for the first half of September range between 85.8-81.1°F, and the lows 66.8-61.5°F. But according to Weather Underground those high and benchmarks each only happened once. In 2026 multiple high temperature records have been broken (including, according to the the National Weather Service, several that have stood for more than 150 years). All people around here can talk about is how miserable it is outside.

But relief may be in sight. The end of the heat wave has been pushed back a few times; currently it should be on Monday, when the forecast high is 76°F. I hope the forecasters are right!

Five years ago: Eureka!

17 comments:

  1. I hope the heat relents soon and cools off for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes. Fingers crossed for relief. Farmers here need some dry heat so they can finish harvesting their crops. Fingers crossed for that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely send some your way if I could.

      Delete
  3. 76 degrees sounds heavenly right now! We're sitting at 94* at 6pm; even folks who've lived in Alabama all their lives are saying this Summer is ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's both think cool thoughts and maybe something good will happen.

      Delete
  4. 100 degrees in St Louis. Definitely doesn’t sound like a love story. Ewww!
    Hope you get some lasting relief.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping for some relief for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The forecast still says cooling starting on Monday and complete on Tuesday. My fingers are crossed.

      Delete
  6. I hope you will soon have some relief from the heat. It must be draining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally figured out my feeling of being out of sorts can be attributed to the heat.

      Delete
  7. I think I have been whining about the same heat dome since the end of July. And like you I am looking forward to the cooler weather in a few days. Hope we aren't jinxing it by talking about it. I was beginning to think that monster would never roll out to sea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And, if I remember correctly, you don't have air conditioning in your condo. That's got to make it uncomfortable. We have high heat here, but the AC makes it bearable.

    ReplyDelete