Today was another hot and humid day, so I was getting my steps in at the mall
when I passed one of the store's marketing signs and learned that August 5th was National Underwear Day.
Who knew!
The sign said that the store was giving away a free pair of panties to
each customer, but when I found out I had to sign up for their rewards program
I decided I wasn't interested.
Instead, I came home and organized my underwear drawer, tossing a couple of
pairs that had developed holes.I remembered from years ago that the best
time to buy underwear was during the August back-to-school sales, so I went to Walmart and purchased a 10-pack of all-cotton panties. They're more my style, anyway.
Five years ago: It All Comes Full Circle
It seems there is a day set aside for everything and underwear, who knew indeed! I am with you on preferring the cotton variety and multipacks are the best.
ReplyDeleteIn my opinion, life is too short to wear anything lacy or uncomfortable next to your body, and I wash things carefully, so a multipack will last me for a long time,
DeleteI just read about this on another blog...apparently the aim is to promote confidence? Hmm...whatever the reason to celebrate, I do, because life would be uncomfortable without them.
ReplyDeleteAmen.
DeleteIt has been hot and humid 😫 here in Montreal as well. I just heard about the underwear day on another blog yesterday.
ReplyDeleteI was surprised that the 'day' was new to me. Usually things like that are heavily promoted ahead of time.
DeleteNational Underwear Day! Good grief! My drawer could do with sorting as well. I also have holey ones.
ReplyDeleteNow you have a reason to do it :-)
DeleteIt amazes me the notions that manufacturers come up with.
ReplyDeleteI agree, but their marketing got me to take care of an overdue project.
DeleteAM ... MAZING !!!
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Free undies? That's one way to get you into their store.
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm sure some portion of people end up buying something
DeleteThose don't look like my kind of undies anyway. Granny panties are more comfortable. 🤣🤣
ReplyDelete