|
| Amazon |
Later that night my thumb started itching so I knew the product wasn't for me. Instead, I offered the tube on my Buy Nothing group, and the next day it was on it's way to someone else's house.
Five years ago: Twosome Traveling
Every day for a year, starting on my 49th birthday, I did something I've never done before. Now that I've completed that project, here's more of my adventures.
|
| Amazon |
Later that night my thumb started itching so I knew the product wasn't for me. Instead, I offered the tube on my Buy Nothing group, and the next day it was on it's way to someone else's house.
Five years ago: Twosome Traveling
It was a nice thought but I never give fragrances or cosmetics for that reason.My skin is sensitive too. Can you imagine how it would have reacted on your lips! You did good by checking it on your wrist first!
ReplyDeleteI've always followed the rule that if someone gives you a gift you thank them, but then you can do what you want with it.
DeleteYou are wise!
ReplyDeleteGood you found another owner.
ReplyDeleteI figured there would be someone interested.
DeleteHmmmm. While it’s really sweet of someone to bring everyone a gift, when it comes to personal care items I prefer to buy my own. You were so right to try that on your hand before trying it on your lips. I will say that it really is a cute lipstick.
ReplyDeleteFor looks it couldn't be beat.
DeleteInteresting idea, but I wonder about the composition and the chemicals involved in the manufacture. I would be wary, too.
ReplyDeleteThe dye has been approved for human use. Just not this human :-)
DeleteI don't use any cosmetics, skin too sensitive, doesn't like them. That's kind of fascinating and scary that it changes color with temp. Wonder what's in it. Amazes me women (maybe some men) use so many products directly on their skin, like makeup of all sorts because what is really in those products.
ReplyDeleteGoogle told me it's a type of dye that reacts to lip moisture and skin temperature....kind of like litmus paper does.
DeleteThat kind of thing is so frustrating. I have a grandkid with a tree nut allergy and she carries food and drink unless she is sure of the giver's knowledge. Her university food court was supposed to be nut free. This was accomplished to the manager's satisfaction by putting nuts into plastic bags and then offering them in the food line. Of course the diners took them out in the line. My grandkid ended up cooking for a week on the weekend and freezing meals.
ReplyDeleteWhat a scary story!
DeleteSmart lady! My DIL's gifted me with so many nice potions b/c she'll buy something and later discover she's allergic. Good thing my skin's old and tough. LOL!
ReplyDeleteNice for you.
DeleteAn everyday example of the importance of boundaries.
ReplyDeleteYes!
DeleteSorry to hear that you couldn't use it.
ReplyDeleteIf it changes colour with heat it must be full of chemicals, so you made a wise choice. I hope the person who receives it survives.
ReplyDeleteI remember color changing lipsticks from back in the 1980s, so I think they're safe. Just not my thing.
DeleteSorry that this didn't work out for you....good thing that you didn't apply it to your lips... I feel sure it might have caused burning on your lips.
ReplyDeleteI was sad because the tube and lipstick were so pretty!
DeleteI have all sorts of skin issues, especially as I age ~~ I would have done the same thing🥰
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry this didn't work for you. I have very sensitive skin....I have psoriatic arthritis, I can understand.
ReplyDeleteAn unusual Gift but good thing you Tested it on a less sensitive area first and learned it wasn't something you should use. I'm sure whoever received it next was thrilled if it was something they could use.
ReplyDelete