![]() |
| Britannica |
That's what I decided to do. After cutting off the hard bottoms I raked a fork down the sides of the mushrooms, which made it easy to break them into shreds. I baked those shreds at 400 degrees for 25 minutes, turning them a couple of times and pouring off the accumulated juices so all the pieces could brown. When I was done I had a large plateful of mushroom "meat" ready to use down the line and a small container of mushroom juice. Both went into the freezer.
|
| Mushroom "meat" |
Today, when it was time to cook dinner I thawed the pan juices and mushrooms. The juice went into polenta cooking liquid. The mushrooms, plus a can of black beans, went into an Italian-inspired tomato sauce. I decided I didn't want to put together a salad, so I added frozen corn to the entree.
At dinner time Tony spooned half of the polenta into bowls, topped it with half of the mushroom mixture, and served it up. I added a dash of Frank's Red Hot sauce. Tony chose not to. Both of us agreed it was a healthy, filling meal. And even better, there was enough for a second night.
|
| The finished result |



Healthy too!-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com
ReplyDeletegreat post-I love mushrooms-so much we can make with them
ReplyDeleteI keep finding new ideas.
DeleteLooks pretty damn gourmet to me.
ReplyDelete😋
DeleteInteresting. You're so creative!
ReplyDeleteI've come to realize that creative cooking is one of my God-given talents.
DeleteThat looks really good. I love mushrooms!
ReplyDeleteMe too!
DeleteThat was a creative entree.
ReplyDeleteThanks.
DeleteLooks delicious 😋 I love mushrooms 🍄
ReplyDeleteAnd you have tremendous talent. 👏
DeleteThank you.
DeleteThat sounds really good. I love mushrooms.
ReplyDeleteYour ingenuity always impressed me. Well done, Kathy G.
ReplyDeleteThanks. I love taking advantage of a good sale.
DeleteI never heard of these, but it sounds delicious!
ReplyDeleteKing oyster mushrooms are dense, and don't turn into mush when cooked.
DeleteI love mushrooms. Great for making soup.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Another great use for them.
DeleteWhat a great way to use the mushrooms. You used research and your own imagination to create a flavorful, healthy meal. Fun!
ReplyDeleteShredding King Oysters with a fork and using the pan juices to flavor the polenta is absolute chef-level ingenuity! What a fantastic, hearty meal out of a 99-cent bargain—and having night two already taken care of is the ultimate bonus. Nicely done, Kathy!
ReplyDelete