Friday, September 25, 2026

Be A Diamond In A Rhinestone World

This morning I got an email from one of the local grocery stores with the subject "It's National Dolly Day and We're Giving Back!" The body of the message said that for the next week they're donating a portion of the sales of Dolly Parton products to the Imagination Library.
Source
I had no idea what they were talking about, but the Internet told me that September 25 is celebrated as Dolly Day (or Dolly Parton Day), a day to remember her, honor her, and live by the motto: What Would Dolly Do? September 25 (written as 9/25 in the United States), was chosen as a nod to her movie and hit song "9 to 5".

Tennessee, Parton's home state, already recognizes her birthday on Jan. 19 as Dolly Parton Day, but as you might imagine, there's a big Dolly Day celebration in Nashville. California has officially established Sept. 25 as Dolly Parton Day.

I have a jam-packed day, so there's no time for me to fit in a big Dolly Day celebration, but I put on a pair of pink and rhinestone earrings, and will concentrate on being kind to everyone I meet.

Five years ago: Signs Of A Return To Normal

6 comments:

  1. She was an amazing person who did so much for others. She deserves her legacy to be continued on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never got the meno that today is Dolly day here in California. Today is my son's 42nd birthday so that is what's on my mind today and that there's a Giant/Dodger series starting tonight.😁
    I don't usually join in these kinds of things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a good way to start a day. What would Dolly do? That's a great question and a good way to live one's life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched 9 to 5 in honor of Dolly last night. I hadn’t seen that movie since it came out. I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "A diamond in a rhinestone world" is the perfect description of Dolly Parton alright!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Dolly Day!-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete