Monday, September 14, 2026

September 2026 Random Photo Dump

There are a lot of random photos on my phone. Time to showcase, and then get rid of, some of them.

 A couple of weeks ago Hubby Tony and I were taking a walk on what happened to be the first day of school for the district, We passed this photo opp booth at a bus stop that was decorated with the colors of the district high school. Someone put a lot of work into it.

I was walking around in an older neighborhood. After I almost tripped on a fallen acorn I started to look where I was going, and saw this lovely mosaic someone had added to some sidewalk cracks.

I wonder who the target market is for this hang tag I saw in the chip aisle at the grocery store? Would you ever dip a chip straight into a jar of peanut butter?

On yet another walk I passed by a large boulder close to a sidewalk. I doubt the crack that went almost all the way through was there when it was initially installed. Given that there's a lot of freeze/thaw weathering in my area I wonder how long it will be before the rock completely snaps into pieces?
Does a suction beard apron sound like more of a practical item or a gag gift? Do you know anyone who would benefit from it?

Five years ago: (Don't) Keep The Change

20 comments:

  1. I might use that beard apron, at least once, ha. I love when good folks who love kids help them make memories, celebrate, and manage their back-to-school anxiety.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely don't remember any back to school props when I was a kid!

      Delete
  2. Interesting photos. That rock looks loke a man made rock-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I first thought, too, but after studying from both sides I believe it's real.

      Delete
  3. I love the mosaic. They should finish it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great? However, at some point the city will come through and redo the entire sidewalk. Knowing that, I don't know how much work I'd want to put into it.

      Delete
  4. Interesting photos! I love the mosaic and I would never think to dip a chip in peanut butter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally think potato chips and peanut butter do NOT go together!

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed every one of these photos! Especially the sidewalk cracks mosaic -- very kintsugi. You have a real eye for the offbeat and the unexpected. But now I've got a musical ear worm -- can you guess what it is? "Rock of Ages / cleft for me / Let me hide myself / in thee."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's probably the last song I would have expected you to get stuck in your brain :-)

      Delete
  6. No no no on those chips. Yuck. As for the beard apron, my husband and both sons have beards and they'd probably like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they ever try a gadget like that you'll have to report what they thought.

      Delete
  7. I can’t say I would ever dip a chip into a jar of peanut butter.
    Fun pics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the photo booth. Someone did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. They had more talent than I would have.

      Delete
  9. They should invent a beard trimmer with a vacuum cleaner combined.

    God bless, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Someone in my house could use it for eating!

    ReplyDelete