Thursday, April 12, 2018

Don't Do It

My Facebook wall is filled with opportunities to answer surveys and take quizzes.  If you use the social media site I bet you've seen questions like these:
  • What was your first car?
  • What was your first job?
  • What was your high school mascot?
The queries always have thousands of answers. I rarely respond, but after reading an article called Don’t Give Away Historic Details About Yourself I'm going to completely stop. I learned that when you answer those quizzes, you could be giving away an answer to a website security question.  If someone has the answers to your questions they could get access to your accounts or online identity.

And then who knows what would happen?


Five years ago today: Doing A Good Deed From The Comfort Of My Couch

6 comments:

  1. I never trusted those surveys, figured they were fishing expeditions. Glad I followed my instincts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I still like to read about everyone else's first stick shift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a popular one this month, isn't it?

      Delete