Friday, February 23, 2018

An Early Sign Of Spring

I'm so ready for winter to be over, but the spring solstice doesn't arrive for almost a month.  It doesn't help that I haven't seen the sun for almost a week, and it's rained (or flurried) for six out of the past seven days.

This afternoon when I got in the car to run an errand my radio was tuned to AM Station Preset One. At first all I heard was a murmuring silence, but a couple of seconds later I heard the broadcasters for St. Louis Cardinals baseball. I soon learned that this was the very first spring training game of the year.


If they're playing baseball, nice weather can't be far behind. Right?.

Five years ago today: Truly Trivial

6 comments:

  1. Both my mother and grandmother counted spring that way. And my aunt and uncle.What the heck, me too. But, it has rained here, or snowed ice, for fifteen days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One can hope. Pouring here one minute. Snow the next. Then sun but freezing cold. I'm over it. Ready. Waiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness the only snow we've had is a dusting. I'll wait with you, if you don't mind.

      Delete