Friday, December 15, 2017

Warm and Cozy

This December I'm participating in An Advent of Gratitude to help remind me of the gifts I already have, what I often take for granted, and what I can and should be grateful for.

If I slept in a warm bed last night, my instructions told me to pay $2. I did, and I did.

When the temperatures dip, one of my first tasks is to remake the bed for winter.  The first layer is a set of flannel sheets. Next is a soft fleece blanket, and a comforter goes on top of everything.

Hubby Tony and I have different nighttime requirements.  He actually gets colder than I do, so he uses all of the bedding layers (and sometimes even wears a long sleeved shirt). I go to bed with a short sleeved, knee length gown.  Depending on how hot my internal thermostat is running I will use one or two layers of covers.  Often the covers go on and off multiple times during the night.

It doesn't help my temperature fluctuations when Pepper the Cat joins us on the bed to lend his body heat to the mix.  He doesn't seem to get insulted, though, if I kick him over to the other side to wrap himself around Tony's legs.

6 comments:

  1. 28+2 is thirty. I love a warm bed in the winter, and I have a snuggle buddy who often becomes a bed hog buddy. No manners; he takes the diagonal in a heartbeat. And gets the boot. I wonder when he'll put two and two together. No advent gratitude on his part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, those snuggle buddies DO NOT have manners. How can something so small take up so much room?

      Delete
  2. I think I feel the cold more, like Tony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am blessed with cat heat and always feel hot anyway. But there is nothing like a cozy blanket on a cold night. I wonder how the homeless survive such low temperatures and continual wet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If ANYONE would have cat heat it would be you! I'm sure the homeless struggle during the inclement weather.

      Delete