Monday, December 18, 2017

One For You, None For Me

This December I'm participating in An Advent of Gratitude to help remind me of the gifts I already have, what I often take for granted, and what I can and should be grateful for.

Today the Gratitude list said that if you bought gifts for others this season you should pay a dollar. If you added ‘a little something’ for yourself, you needed to toss an extra one into the kitty.

This year the adults in the immediate family drew names, so my main shopping list is greatly decreased. I also chose two envelopes from our church's Giving Tree and purchased items for a 19-year old woman and a 19-year old man. And, in addition to the person I received in the gift exchange there's also gifts to get for Hubby Tony and Grandbaby Jay. Then there's an item to buy for the extended family Rob Your Neighbor game. I also keep thinking of additional people I need to buy little items for before Christmas arrives.

This year though, maybe as a function of doing less shopping overall, I haven't found anything to buy for myself. So today only cost me half of what it could have.


Five years ago today: No Covers Allowed

4 comments:

  1. We cut back on adult gift giving as well. And I tried to give gifts of experiences, not stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The family was pretty good about getting out lists that had things they actually wanted, so I'm sure the gift I bought will be used.

      Delete
  2. very good of you not to have found a gift for yourself yet!

    ReplyDelete