Friday, December 22, 2017

A Coat For Every Need

This December I'm participating in An Advent of Gratitude to help remind me of the gifts I already have, what I often take for granted, and what I can and should be grateful for.

The prompt for Day 22 said:
"Count the coats in your closet. Pay .25 per coat or jacket."
At the end of last winter I took a hard look at the coats and jackets on my side of  the coat closet, and got rid of the ones I don't use.  However, there are still quite of few left.  The winter section has a casual lightweight quilted jacket, a heavy coat, and a camelhair dress coat.  For in between weather there's a grey fleece, a lined twill jacket, and a knee length raincoat with detachable lining. And, if all I need is a little coverage, there's a short raincoat.


Seven items times twenty five cents adds up to $1.75, which I added to my total.

4 comments:

  1. Reminds me I have to organize, clean the closets...I must.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to do it at the end of the cold weather, so everything is ready for the next year.

      Delete
  2. That's a lot of coats. I have several also, one I've had about 20 years now, from Kmart originally, but nice and warm in the winter. I like it! And still use it, so its going nowhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll blame our large temperature range, which necessitates a lot of different types of outerwear :-). My heavy winter coat is about eight years old, and I'll wear it until something major goes wrong with it.

      Delete