Friday, September 1, 2017

Stairwell Inspiration

I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon. From past experience I knew that parking for the building can be an issue, so I left the house plenty early. As it turns out it was no problem to find an open space, and I walked into the lobby with ten minutes to spare.  With my extra time I decided to work on my step count for the day and walk up the stairs to the fourth floor doctor's office.  When I entered the stairwell I saw a laminated motivational poster on the back of the door.


I guess I wasn't the first one to think using the stairs was a good idea!  The motivation continued as I climbed.  At the top of every flight of stairs there was another poster on the door, and sometimes an additional one hanging on the wall next to the door.  The sayings drew from many genres.  My favorites were:
  • One good wish changes nothing, one good decision changes everything.  (Anonymous)
  • You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. (Wayne Gretzky)
  • Eighty percent of success is showing up. (Woody Allen)
  • If you don't know where you are going, you'll end up someplace else. (Yogi Berra)

6 comments:

  1. Interesting stairwell and good for you Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love stuff like that. Sounds like someone in that building knows their "stuff."

    ReplyDelete
  3. good stuff! I'm a long ways from being back in shape, but it's a fall goal when the 100 degree plus heat ends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know where you're coming from. My exercising goes WAY down when it's hot outside.

      Delete