Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Feels Like Fall

Finally!

Overnight our hanging-on summer weather disappeared, replaced by temperatures that were 20 degrees cooler.  It wasn't exactly sweater weather, but I finally felt like I could put away my tank tops and white pants.

For dinner I made a sweet potato hash and baked it in the oven.  When I opened the door the heat coming out actually felt good.  After dinner I craved a cup of herbal tea, something I'd given up when the temperatures soared.

In honor of the newfound new season, here's my favorite version of the song "Autumn Leaves".  Enjoy!



Five years ago today: Churchillian

10 comments:

  1. YES! We are getting those lovely temps tonight! It was 93 here today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suddenly it went from tank tops today to sweater weather tonight, the heat
    wave's over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You MUST listen to Eva Cassidy's version! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXBNlApwh0c&list=RDxXBNlApwh0c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! What a completely different take on the song!

      Delete
  4. summer is gone here, rain soaked us last two days, temps now in 60's. I already miss warmth. I hope we do get a fall season this year, I enjoy the cold crackling clear autumn nights. Last year, we went directly to winter, hope that is not the case this year. I too brought out the herbal tea a few nights ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you get your fall there, does it stay? We had it for a few days, but this weekend was pure summer :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually it does, but this year has been crazy...probably similar to what you're experiencing. In a few days it's supposed to drop down again, and this time I hope it stays!

      Delete