Monday, April 3, 2017

Just The Way I Like It

 Son Donald was home last week for his school's Spring Break.  It was wonderful to see him and spend some time with him.  However, he had a busy week planned, including catching up with friends, doing homework, and working on professional projects.  As the week wore on, in his busyness, he reverted to 'college boy' cleanliness.  It didn't help that I had a very busy weekend with not much time for housework.

So this morning was all about getting things back to normal.  Before I left to run the day's errands I swept and damp mopped the kitchen floor, and promised it a thorough cleaning down the line.  I put all the dishes in the dishwasher, then cleaned the countertops with soapy water.  Donald had already started his bedding in the washer on his way out the door.  I transferred it to the dryer, then started another load which included the rug by the door to the garage.  The last thing I did was sweep the debris out of the garage so it wouldn't get tracked back in on the clean rug.

Now everything is just the way I like it.

Five years ago today: The Cruise Diaries--Ya Mon

7 comments:

  1. It's nice to get it all back together after the company goes home no matter how much you enjoyed the company. Even nicer, you know it will stay this way for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there ARE two people in the house, so some of it I will have to repeat :-)

      Delete
  2. Nice to be back to normal, I can understand, bittersweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I do know all about this. My son was home for his reading week mid-Feb and by the time he left, the house had a very lived in look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes wonder how I was able to function when all the boys lived at home. Were my standards just lower back then?

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Wow! I wish you lived closer to me...I could use your help :-)

      Delete