Wednesday, May 11, 2016

My Brain Is Always Lit Up With New Ideas. Who Knew?

I'm not much of an ice hockey fan, but our hometown St. Louis Blues are in the middle of one of their best playoff runs ever.  Tonight when Hubby Tony turned the TV on to watch the last game of their series against the Dallas Stars, I wandered into the family room and fired up my laptop for some random Internet surfing.  My email 'projects' folder has a collection of interesting website links.  One of them is Horoscope.com, which has a wide range of options.  Tonight I had fun learning about my destiny from a Mayan perspective.

I entered my birth date, and learned that my Mayan sign was Earth.  After one more click the site told me that:
"Earth (or Earthquake), the seventeenth Day Sign of Mayan astrology, is your sign. Earth natives are very thoughtful, clever, and philosophical. They are well-controlled and good at moderating potentially harmful behaviors and attitudes. You are or have the potential to be very well-educated, and your brain is always lit up with bright new ideas. Where you need some work is taking into account the emotional, imaginative part of life. Not everything has to make practical sense, and failing to accept this can lead to stress and confusion. You also don't want to come across as condescending to others. That said, you know how to have a good laugh, you're well-liked, and a progressive leader"
It went on to pinpoint some of my Earth Characteristics:
Alternative Name: Earthquake
Mayan Name: Caban
Significance: Action
Direction: East
Gemstone: Agate
Color: Red
Friend: Knife
Foe: Deer
I don't know how accurate the information was, but it was generic enough that it could apply to me.  I'll take it.

Five years ago today: Leaving the Nest

4 comments:

  1. It's been awhile since I've visited that site. I'll have to check it out again and see what it says about me. I don't know how much stock I put into it, but it's entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read horoscopes for entertainment value only.

      Delete
  2. I take it you are not a sports fan! You uncovered some interesting stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason I've never gotten into hockey (and it would be pretty fair-weather of me to jump on the bandwagon now).

      Delete