Wednesday, March 16, 2016

The Wonders Of Wi-Fi

A couple of weeks ago I received an email that contained a restaurant coupon good for two dollars off an online order.  I left the message in my Inbox, where it promptly got buried and forgotten.  On Monday I got a reminder that the coupon was about to expire.

Last night when I was planning my route for today I decided to take advantage of the offer.  I pulled up the restaurant website and figured out what the most convenient location would be.  Their system allows you to order food hours in advance (you just have to tell the restaurant when you want it to be ready) so in theory I could have arranged for my lunch before I'd even had my breakfast.  I wasn't sure exactly how long my errands would take, though, so I didn't want to commit to a time.  Instead, I came up with an alternate plan.

This morning I got done with my last task about 11:00 and drove to the restaurant.  I pulled into the lot and picked a parking space close enough to hook into their wi-fi network, where I placed my order from the comfort of my car. I asked for it to be ready as quickly as possible, which they said would be ten minutes.  After I received confirmation that my order was being prepared I walked across the parking lot to the bank and cashed a check then went back to the restaurant, used the bathroom, and my food was ready to pick up.

5 comments:

  1. I can't keep up with all these new apps and features! My daughter was trying to explain the new 3D touch screens coming and my mind wasn't ready to grasp it...another day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I know that you can order Taco Bell online and avoid the lines. I haven't used it yet so I'm not sure if you can tell them what time you'll pick it up or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't eat at Taco Bell much-didn't even know that online ordering was an option there. Thanks for the information.

      Delete