Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Vacay 2015--One Day At Sea

Our vacation cruise was a busy one.  Hubby Tony and I were on the ship for seven days; only one of those was a day at sea.  With only a single free day, I had a hard time figuring out how I wanted it to flow.  On the one hand, there was a plethora of interesting-sounding scheduled activities to take advantage of.  However, it would also be a nice idea to recharge my batteries for the rest of the week.

I ended up doing a little bit of both.  Since we didn't have somewhere early in the morning, we did not set an alarm.  I thought it was nice being able to move slowly and get ready at my own pace.  After breakfast we went to a presentation about our next ports of call.  The Shore Excursion director had a dry sense of humor and gave us some good information.

Next, I tried to do a load of laundry, only to find out that other people had the same idea I did and all the washers in the laundromat were in use.  No problems, though.  When I travel, my motto is 'Have sink, will hand wash'.  While Tony went to a fitness seminar.  I stayed back in the room, cranked up the Latin music channel on the TV, and cha cha'd around while I took care of enough of the dirty clothes to get us through the week.  When Tony came back there were wet things tossed over every empty hanger and dangling from all the laundry hooks I'd brought.

For lunch we decided to eat in the dining room instead of hitting the buffet again.  We ended up being seated with some lovely people, and we sat and chatted long after the food was gone.

Stuffed pepper for lunch
Stomachs full, we pondered what should come next.  It was too hot to sit poolside,  but we were able to find a table in the shade where we played a lively game of 500 Rummy while we watched the people jumping into the pool and hot tub.  We walked a few laps on the Promenade deck, then went back to the room to get ready for dinner.   After dinner we viewed a production in the ship's theater, and just like that our 'free' day had filled itself up.

6 comments:

  1. Yes, days to relax are sooooo needed. And you don't realize how much until you do slow down. We did the Panama Canal and had several sea days. I took a pottery class, a water color class, and had a manicure... besides being lazy and exploring the ship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never done laundry on a vacation, I just pack lots of tshirts and underwear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We wanted to keep it to one large suitcase each (on American Airlines the first one was free on the plane, but any others cost $50).

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a fun and relaxing way to spend the day. Sometimes you need those dys when you don't really do much, even on vacation.

    ReplyDelete