Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Webbing

We're having another bout of rainy weather, although today's precipitation has been more of a fine mist.  When I went to throw some things in the compost pile after dinner I was amazed to see The light moisture really highlighted a couple dozen funnel spider webs I didn't even know were there.

The spiders aren't dangerous (except to other bugs), and I think the webs look kind of cool so I'll leave them undisturbed.  Live and let live.

Webs circled for your convenience

7 comments:

  1. Good to have so many natural resources around. I hope they get a lot of mosquitoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too. With all the rain we've been having I suspect there will be a lot of mosquitoes to get.

      Delete
  2. That's nice of you Kathy, a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish our funnel web spiders were not poisonous. The Sydney Funnel Web which we have now found 3 of here - 2 in the shed sink which they climbed into but were unable to climb back out of, and one IN the man cave! - is extremely venomous..

    I have a pretty enormous fear of them.. it has put me off gardening here, unless I can find me a stainless steel suit of armor to wear.. and not so sure how easy that would be to wear while gardening! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't be doing any gardening with poisonous spiders around, either :-)

      Delete
  4. Ooh. Amazing how nature works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be nice if they ate termites in Hawaii too.

    ReplyDelete