Saturday, May 2, 2015

Singular Sign

This weekend is the biannual statewide business meeting of an organization I belong to.  Friday afternoon three of us piled into a car for the trip halfway across the state.  We arrived at the hotel and checked in, then immediately left again for dinner at a nearby Mexican restaurant.

The rest of the night passed uneventfully.  This morning I had time to take a walk through a nearby condominium complex before the meeting started.  I've been in the area before, and every time I see this offbeat speed limit sign it makes me smile:


I've always wondered how well this unusual sign keeps down the actual traffic speed.  Does it make people slow down to take a look at it?  This time I had a chance to figure out that the answer is no.  I was walking along the side of the road when a car came barreling around the corner.  Thank goodness I was moving against the traffic and could see it coming to get out of the way.

Five years ago today: Plants Like Fresh Air, Too

3 comments:

  1. never seen one like this, lol, a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never ever seen anything like this. What fun! Not fun if you get hit by a car driven by a crazy person though.

    ReplyDelete