Guaranteed Ways to Miss the Hidden God (or, How to Make Mistakes and Miss the Voice Within)
- LIVE your life at high speed. No exceptions. Run hard.
- STAY scattered and distracted. The more clutter and activity, the better.
- TAKE everything personally. Never evaluate. Agree.
- USE blame liberally. It's so invigorating. I wasn't responsible, you were. Everything's your fault.
- DON'T laugh, especially at yourself.
- STAY tied to your past. Elevate it to greatness. Live remembering and longing. Or missing. Why do it halfway? Go for it.
- USE the word 'because.' 'I can't change, because.' Because is so little appreciated as a solvent for responsibility. Try using because. This will work.
- NEVER question or think for yourself. Just keep moving and accepting. (Refer to #1 and #3.)
- CONTINUE to think of God as invisible and distant. Surely not present in this room. At this moment. Not while I'm reading a book.
- REINFORCE the belief that your life is going to happen soon. This is not it, not yet. But one day. Maybe when I finish reading.
Sunday, May 24, 2015
'How To Make Mistakes And Miss The Voice Within'
This afternoon I was tidying up my Inbox, getting rid of some emails and moving others into folders. Tucked way back on the third page I found a message that contained words of wisdom from Sacred Threshold: Crossing the Inner Barrier to a Deeper Love by the spiritual writer Paula D’Arcy. The words were so inspiring I thought I'd share them with you: