Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Can I Ask You A Few Questions?

After a large restaurant lunch today I decided I needed some exercise. I didn't have gym clothes with me, and it was too cold to do anything outside, but I knew there was a mall about a half-mile away where I could walk.

When I got there I was able to park close enough to the door that I could leave my coat in the car and hustle inside. I got in my 30 minutes and was on the last corridor before the door that would lead to my car when a woman holding a clip board got my attention and asked if I had time to take a survey. I warily asked for more information, and when I found out I'd get paid pretty handsomely to give them about a half hour of my time I decided to change my plans to include answering their questions.

We moved into a storefront that had been converted into the survey company's office, where I had a short screening interview. Based on that I was invited into the back section, where I ended up answering questions about the aroma and perceived effectiveness of three different liquid cleaning products. True to the screener's word, the whole process took 30 minutes.

When I was done I went out to the reception desk where they had a check waiting for me. As he handed me the check the attendant asked if I had time to take an additional survey. Sadly, I had somewhere to be and had to pass on the additional easy money. However, since I gave the company my contact information I may get a call from them down the line about additional opportunities.


Five years ago today: Do The Stroll

7 comments:

  1. Oh fun! Nobody has ever offered me money for my opinion. Art has done some focus groups though where he did get paid and he enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It WAS fun, and I decided the check is going into my 'fun' stash so I can use it for something frivolous.

      Delete
  2. There's online surveys you can take for money as well. I don't do them but I read about a few coupon bloggers that like to do it for extra loot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I occasionally do online surveys for a company that offers the option for me to make a micro loan to different parts of the world with my earnings.

      Delete
  3. I need to stop looking down at the floor when someone with a clipboard is eyeballing me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sometimes looking someone in the eye pays off!

      Delete