Today it was time to give the master bedroom its semi-annual refurbishing. Among other things, that included changing the lightweight duvet cover to a heavier model, and removing the mattress to put a coordinating dust ruffle on top of the box springs.
However, Jackson was taking his mid-afternoon nap on the bed and didn't care for that idea.
I asked him nicely if he'd move. He said he was there first and was comfortable, thank you very much. So instead of starting with the dust ruffle I decided to do the duvet instead. I spread out the new cover on the floor, shoved the insert into it, then grabbed it along one edge and gave everything a good shake to straighten it out.
I left for five minutes to do laundry. When I came back Jackson had found a new place to rest--on the floor right on top of the cover I wanted to pick up...