Sunday, May 4, 2014

Temporary Use

This weekend I attended an out of town meeting at a conference center that was several hours away by car. When I got ready to go to bed on Friday night I realized I'd forgotten to put my phone charger in my suitcase.

I keep a car charger in the glove compartment, but that wouldn't help until it was time to drive home on Sunday.  (I charge my phone every day, so I knew it would lose power long before then.)  All night long I fretted over a solution to the problem.  Saturday morning I had an inspiration.  I'd heard that cell phone chargers are one of the most common left-behind items in hotels; I wondered if the front desk might be able to help me out.

I went to the front desk and asked if they had anything available.  The clerk said she believed they did.  Sure enough, she checked in the back office and came back with a charger that was the exact micro USB style I needed.  She was kind enough to let me borrow it for the weekend.

Problem solved.

Five years ago today: House Wrecker

2 comments: