Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Inquiring Minds

Today was full of interesting questions at the mall Customer Service desk.
  • The first was asked by a very slow walking middle aged gentleman.  He wanted to know if we had a nail salon (the answer was yes), and where it was (at the end of the mall by Macy's).  Next, he we wanted to know if I thought they'd accept male customers for a mani-pedi; he'd been turned away from some places before and didn't want to walk all the way down there if they wouldn't serve him (I called and found out they'd be happy to).  He thanked me for my help and headed off in that direction.
  • The second question came in over the phone.  A woman (who sounded fairly young) said a friend of hers had bought a corset at one of the mall stores.  Did I know what a corset was and could I tell her which store it might be?  The question threw me for a loop.  My first thought was Victoria's Secret, but  when I asked her I found out that Victoria's Secret was not what she was looking for.  I couldn't think of any other stores, and certainly not one that specialized in corsets, although she kept insisting we had a place that did.  After a while I gave her the phone numbers for the anchor stores and hoped that one of their lingerie departments could help her out.
  • A harried-looking man shouted out his question before he was even completely up to the desk.  It took me a while to figure out he was looking for the store right across from walkway.  When I pointed it out to him he got a sheepish look on his face and slunk away towards the store.
Five years ago today: Harmonious

No comments:

Post a Comment