Friday, May 23, 2014

Car Spa

I got the best Mother's Day present from Son Brian and DIL Nicole -- a voucher to take my car in for a thorough cleaning.

I've held off on getting the job done, because the past few weeks have been pretty rainy.  It's not often I splurge on a good car wash and I wanted to enjoy the clean-car look for several days. Today, to celebrate the start of the Memorial Day weekend (and the unofficial kickoff of the summer) I took the car to a full-service facility not too far from the house.

Forty-five minutes later the car had been pampered from top to bottom, inside and out.  It was washed, the inside of the windows were cleaned, and the wheels shined.  All the carpet was vacuumed, the dashboard got wiped down, and a vinyl protectant was applied to all the inside surfaces.  I don't think my car has looked this good since I brought it home from the dealer!

As part of my package I also got a five-day Clean Guarantee coupon.  If the car gets dirty (or rained on) in that time I can take it back in and get it cleaned again.


Five years ago today: Gifts

6 comments:

  1. What a nice gift! It almost makes you want it to rain on day 4! haha.

    The Mister is OCD about our vehicles and he does this to my jeep every weekend the weather permits. It's a little crazy, but I do appreciate having a clean car inside and out.

    Your car looks beautiful! Hope it doesn't hurt your wrist to drive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think I'll be out looking for raindrops on Tuesday :-) My car never has trash in it, but I tend to put off cleaning and vacuuming the inside.

      Driving seems to be OK--and getting better every day!

      Delete
  2. We have a wonderful car wash facility here in town that I have used for 40+ years. Same company, same owners, great work. Anyway, they sent me a coupon for Memorial Day Weekend to get my car completely washed and cleaned for $9.95 and I can bring a second car in within the week for FREE. Terry is taking the cars, one at a time, tomorrow. to get them gassed and washed. I love these special deals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I'd certainly take advantage of that deal, too.

      Delete
  3. Good deal! I like that, and that's a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm keeping this in mind for next time I'm stumped for gift-giving ideas :-)

      Delete