Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Would You Like To Join?

I have several people who stop to talk to me at the mall Customer Service desk on a regular basis. One of them specializes in jokes...most of which have a punch line that ends up with a really bad pun.

Last week he shared the following list.  Looking at some of the cultural references, I would guess this has been around a long time.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN...

The Yoko Club? Oh no.
The German philosophy club? I. Kant.
The Ford-Nixon club? Pardon me?
The Arafat club? Yessir.
The Alzheimer's club? Forget it.
The Ebert movie club? Roger.
The Groucho Marx club? You bet your life.
The Peter Pan club? Never. Never.
The Japanese theater club? Noh.
The quarterback club? I'll pass.
The Rhett Butler club? I don't give a damn.
The compulsive rhymers club? Okey-dokey.
The Spanish optometrists club? Si.
The anti-perspirant club? Sure.
The pregancy club? Conceivably.
The Procrastinator's Club? Maybe next week.
The Self Esteem Builders? They wouldn't accept me anyway.
The Agoraphobics Society? Only if they meet at my house.
The Co-Dependence Club? Can I bring a friend?
The Prayer Group? God willing!
Five years ago today: New Thing #285--The End Of An Era

7 comments:

  1. If only we could remember them, instead of pulling them from a vest pocket, we would be brilliant raconteurs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we would! I'm terrible at remembering jokes.

      Delete
  2. Quite the list, people can be so funny sometimes. Back in the day when I was still a bartender I could keep up with the jokes, I had something for everyone... not so much today. I had one guy who I renamed Joke and a Smoke, he'd tell me a joke than ask me for a smoke... it was that type of bar humor which made me a living and a pretty fine one at that.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the desk we have nicknames for many of the regulars, too.

      Delete
  3. These are cute, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete