Sunday, October 20, 2013

Why Me?

I rarely get headaches, but after breakfast this morning I developed a doozy.   Because I wasn't sure what was causing it I took aspirin and allergy medicine, figuring one or the other of them would take the pain away.  They didn't.  Over the course of the morning I felt worse and worse.

I drank a big glass of water and an extra cup of coffee.  I tried eating a protein snack.  Nothing helped.  Mid-afternoon I decided to try napping.  I went upstairs to the bedroom, stretched out on the bed, and closed my eyes.  Just about the time I was drifting off to sleep I was awakened by a loud MEOW!

The cats thought it was time to eat.

Our cats Jackson and Pepper get fed three times a day.  (It's a long story, which you can read about here if you're interested).  Pepper's always takes the lead in asking for food.  Jackson sits in the background and eggs him on.  Today's harassment followed a familiar pattern.  Pepper would jump on the bed and make noise. I'd tell him to be quiet. He'd stop for a few minutes, then repeat the whole process.  I could hear Hubby Tony and Son Donald downstairs talking and watching TV. Why were the cats bothering me?

After fifteen minutes of Pepper's antics I'd had enough and got up.  Pepper ran to the bathroom thinking it was food time, but I grabbed him and carried him to the hallway.  After I made sure both he and Jackson were outside the room I closed the door.  Then I went back to bed.  A half hour later I woke up feeling better.  When I opened the door Pepper was sitting right outside  waiting for me.  I found out later he never went downstairs.

Five years ago today: New Thing #283--Up On The Roof

8 comments:

  1. Cats. Who knows how their little minds work. Glad your head felt better, no thanks to the cats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the term 'little' is appropriate :-)

      Delete
  2. He was visualizing the cat food and sending the picture to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If that was his plan he needs to work on his visualization skills

      Delete
  3. Kathy, worrying about that headache....if it continues you can always request a cat scan.

    ReplyDelete