Our first day in New York was a perfect temperature, but we caught in a sudden heavy rain. (The sun was shining when we left the hotel, so we didn't bring rain gear.) After the rain the temperature dropped. The next few days were in the high 50s and low 60s, with nighttime lows in the 40s. Then it warmed up again.
The cool weather threw me for a loop. In the morning I put on a clean t-shirt, then had to add my sweater on the way out of the hotel. When I look at the photos, more than half of them show me wearing the same plain black pullover!
|Getting ready to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge|
Highlights of Vacation Day 7:
- Ate breakfast in room
- Went to McDonalds for coffee and Internet surfing
- Packed suitcases
- Checked out of hotel and had bags held at bellhop station
- Took subway to Union Square.
- Walked around farmers market
- Rode subway to Harlem
- Ate soul food for lunch at Sylvia’s Restaurant
- Back to hotel to pick up bags
- Took shuttle to airport