Saturday, May 12, 2012

Movie In The Morning

Today I went to a "private" showing of a movie. I'd like to think that it's because I'm a VIP, but it actually has more to do with the fact I woke up too early.

I had a lot to do today, and it all had to be done by late afternoon. When I woke up shortly before 6 to go to the bathroom I couldn't go back to sleep.  I tossed and turned, thinking of all the things on my list. After an hour, I decided to get up and start the day. I threw on clothes and headed down to the kitchen, where I heard Hubby Tony in the shower as I was pouring my first cup of coffee.

Tony had heard that The Artist, which won the Academy Award for Best Picture this year, was back in theaters this weekend. We hadn't seen it yet (although we both wanted to) so he suggested we go. I asked him to research theaters and show times, then headed off to scoop the cat litter and sweep the kitchen floor.

I was out back pulling weeds when Tony got back to me.  He'd found out that the first showing was at 9:40. In the morning.  It was 8:35.  If we moved fast, we could get there.

Neither of us could remember going to a movie in the morning, but it turned out to be a really good idea.  The movie theater we went to was located in a mall (which didn't open till 10), so parking was a breeze.  There was no line at the movie box office, and we didn't have to wait to have our tickets taken.  Even though the concession stand was open, we passed on snacks.  Popcorn did NOT sound good so soon after breakfast!  We arrived at the theater ten minutes before the movie started.  There was no one else there, so we got our choice of seats.  We chatted through the video commercials and waited for the movie to start.  The commercials ended, and the trailers started.  No one else had entered the theater.  We had the whole place to ourselves!

It was like watching in our family room, except the screen was massive and the sound system pristine. We lifted the arm rest between us and I put my feet up on Tony's lap.  I was able to talk back to the screen as loud as I wanted, and when I had to go use the bathroom halfway through Tony was able to tell me what had happened when I was gone.  We stayed to watch the credits, and didn't have to worry about people climbing over us to get out.

3 comments:

  1. Delightful. How fun. I can imagine you in a cavern, shouting at the screen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic way to start a day and good on ya that you had the theater all to yourselves, that's a huge bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVED that movie and so glad it won so many Academy awards. I just hope that inspires more such movies.

    ReplyDelete