Today was different, though. Something about the brisk fall air and the perfectly blue sky without a hint of a cloud lent itself to being in the moment. I decided to really notice what was going on:
- I saw a tree that had lost the leaves at the top, with a huge bird of prey perched on the pinnacle.
- I drove by a plain tract house with a beautiful new wood door with a leaded glass insert.
- When Neil Young's song "Harvest Moon" came on the radio I turned the volume up and rolled down the windows. What a GREAT way to start the day!
- I passed by the house on Clayton Road that has a totem pole in front of it. (This isn't a new observation, but it makes me smile every time I remember to notice it).
- Just before I pulled into the parking lot, there was a huge oak tree just starting to show some color.