This afternoon my throat started to feel scratchy--was it the beginnings of the flu, allergies, or something else? I decided to stay at home and take care of myself tonight in hopes of running away from any germs that might be trying to find me. A bit of mindless Web surfing led to my discovery.
The challenge is to draw the figure on the right on a piece of paper without lifting the pencil. How do you do it?
- Draw a large dot in the middle of the paper.
- Keeping the pencil on the paper, fold over the top edge of the paper until it touches the pencil. Don't crease the paper.
- Move the pencil up onto the flap of folded paper (you're now working on the back side). The line you make will be drawn on the flap; the longer the line is, the larger your circle will be.
- Draw a quarter circle, which will bring your pencil back to the edge of the folded-over paper. Draw right down off the edge and back onto the front side of the paper.
- Unfold the paper. You're now on the correct side of the paper, ready to draw the circle around the dot.